![]() |
| Gesture Clothing |
The one thing I disliked about this course was probably, the manikens. They were helpful to imagine and see the different muscles, but they were time consuming and I definitely am not a sculptor. I wish the books had shown the images with other muscles around it, so I could understand better how they interacted with the other muscles and build them better. However, they were a good tool, despite being time-consuming. I was just glad to get them done, although frustrated that I tried hard to be very exact and still managed not to get them right. Also, I had all my lower half fall off while transporting it and had to redue all that plus do the new part. Really frustrating.
Now, in class we also did gesture drawings of the model with clothing involved. This was very amusing, and although I focused more on the figure, I did enjoy the incorporation of clothes. The quick movements and in the moment addition of a clothing item created a lot of movement, stress that is not usually in the very static positions that life drawing models take for comfort. It also made it different for the last day of class.
We then did a long drawing while she was all dressed, and that was an interesting challenge. Incorporating clothing with our understanding of the form. At least they were somewhat figure hugging but I would have liked to see something more baggy as an additional element just for interest. Knowing the proportions of the model helped a lot. However, it was very cold, and the model kept moving so I didn’t get the drawing quite right, especially in the hand and face area, which moved a lot. I tried to walk around and try to see it and make it work, but I failed. Anyway, it was an interesting challenge and I enjoyed the last day of class.
| Long Drawing |

No comments:
Post a Comment